We are delighted to welcome you and your child to Orchards Junior School.
If you missed your chance to visit our school during the recent open evening, we would be delighted to show you the school at a more convenient time. And provide a chance to meet the staff, explore the opportunities for your child and discover what makes our pupils SPARKLE.
Please speak to reception on 01903 520202 or
email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
There are several distinctive features about the school but the overwhelming feature, which is commented upon frequently, is the warmth of welcome and friendliness. We are a large school but pride ourselves upon the commitment we make to ensure that every child is given the opportunity to fulfil their potential by staff who understand them as individuals.
- Establishing what learners already know
- Structuring and pacing the learning experience to make it challenging and enjoyable
- Inspiring learning through passion for developing knowledge, skills and practice
- Helping individuals be active participants and partners in learning
- Developing knowledge, skills and practice using a range of strategies that take into account the variety of learning styles presented to us drawing on internal and external expertise as appropriate.
- Ensuring that the school is well led and managed by a Leadership Team that reflects the range of talent and ensures that the key decision makers are the best ones!
- Provision of opportunity embedded with an inclusive thread.
- Ownership of the curriculum – appropriate timings, specialisms utilised, content relevant to the children and the local community
- Creative leadership that is learning centred Pupil tracking that allows for individual target setting Powerful Partnership with parents
- An extended school with a structured extra curricular activity and educational visits programme
- A happy, safe and supportive atmosphere with a strong commitment to helping everybody to succeed
“A fantastic school – I’m proud to send my children here.” – Parent
“My child looks forward to school as he enjoys his lessons and his teachers.” – Parent
“There is a high standard of teaching and management of the school. We are particularly pleased with the manner in which the teachers make learning fun and interesting.” – Parent
“Other schools could take a leaf out of your book.” – Year 4 Parent
“May we take this opportunity to thank the staff for their consistency and enthusiasm.” – Year 7 parent
“I am so pleased with the progress my son has made, he feels totally at ease and confident at school.” – Year 5 parent
“The school should be used as an exemplar by the LEA.” – Investors in People report
“We have no doubt our son will continue to thrive in what can only be described as a very happy learning environment.” – Year 4 parent
“I’ve learnt so much already, what’s left?” – Year 4 child
“What a great school.” – Year 5 parent
“Thank you for the extra time you have given to allow my son to thrive at The Orchards.” – Year 6 parent
“Thank you for the warm welcome and the excellent conduct of your children.” – Visiting parent
“I feel supported and encouraged to achieve the very best for myself and the children at the school – I don’t want to work anywhere else.” – Teacher
“This is a good school. The sense of community is very strong and pupils are proud to be part of ‘our great school’.” – Ofsted
“I’m so sad to be leaving. I’ve had a fantastic time, done so many amazing things and made great friends.” – Year 7 Child